Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lenovo's projector phone beams a touchscreen onto any surface!



Smartphones with built-in projectors -- well, just the two from Samsung, really -- haven't exactly been a huge hit so far, but Lenovo thinks it's finally got the right use case for this combination: beaming a touchscreen or virtual keyboard onto your desk. Announced at the Lenovo Tech World conference today is the Smart Cast, the world's first smartphone with an integrated focus-free laser projector, as opposed to the DLP tech on existing pico projectors. In addition to the usual wall projection mode, there's a "surface mode" that requires twisting the projector cap at the top (to enable reflection), propping up the phone with its kickstand, and then you'll have a projected touchscreen -- be it a virtual piano, a virtual keyboard or even Fruit Ninja -- right in front of you. Alas, that's all the info we've got so far, but you can check out the pictures leaked below to stay entertained.








2 comments:

  1. Yeah nice Work, full of great Info… This is one amongst the most Amazing Site Dude… reviews for vivint security system

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenovo's new smart cast technology is something else entirely. Texting a friend is one thing but when I need to respond to work emails while in a coffee shop, I very quickly miss my laptop and a proper qwerty keyboard. I have seen the Samsung smartphones with built-in wall projectors but to have a phone that can cast a fully functioning virtual keyboard on your desk is just awesome. I have not had the opportunity to play with it and can only hope that it is as good as promised. As an avid writer, I can now sit anywhere I feel inspired and take nothing but my phone with me.

    Raymond @ CKS Global Solutions LTD

    ReplyDelete